3 – 4 Weeks before you move...
- 1. Book your moving date with us.
- 2. Have a good clear out of unwanted items.
- 3. Start to eat down your freezer contents.
- 4. Start packing the non-essentials.
- 5. Notify all your service providers of your change of address, e.g.
- - Gp
- - Dentist
- - Bank, building society & credit cards
- - Dvla/vosa
- - Electric, water, gas and phone companies
- - Mobile phone company
- - Any clubs/associations
- 6. Redirect your incoming mail if necessary.
- 7. Cancel/redirect incoming newspapers and milk delivery.
- 8. If you have a petrol lawn mower start to run down the level of fuel until empty and then leave the cap of for a couple of days to air the tank.
- 9. Cancel old and arrange new telephone and internet connections if required.
1 week before you move...
- 1. Arrange for your pets to be looked after & if your children are not in school then maybe them too!
- 2. Arrange a space with your neighbours for parking the removal vehicle(s).
- 3. Empty unused garden pots of any soil.
- 4. Defrost your freezer.
- 5. Start disassembling furniture (if this service is not ordered).
- 7. Remove curtains and blinds if you are taking them with you.
- 8. Start to eat down your refrigerated food.
The Night before You Move...
- 1. Finish off your packing just leaving out the essentials as if you were packing for an overnight trip and of course tea, coffee, and the kettle!
- 2. Place anything that is essential to you on your move day (e.g. documents, keys, medication) in one place and mark with a note so we don’t accidentally pack them into the removal vehicle.
- 3. Take apart beds (if this service is not ordered).
- 4. Have one last check around making sure that everything that can be packed, is, and then go to bed because we will be there bright and early the next day.